On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 3:57 PM, Liam R E Quin <l...@holoweb.net> wrote:
>>  I am printing super high res images onto fabric. My print guy has
>> instructed me to create my images in 1440 dpi
>
> I think he meant 144 dpi, which is a common resolution used for colour
> images in print.
>
> If the thread count of the fabric is 200 or higher (e.g. a high-end
> sheet or a silk shirt) it'd plausibly take twice the thread count or
> more, but I'd say try a sample at 144dpi.

And if the final product is to be viewed at some great distance (eg, a
billboard) then 144 DPI may be higher than required.  We did a 30ft/9m
long banner some time ago that worked out fine at 75 DPI - we could
likely have gone lower, since it was so far off the ground.

But yeah - I doubt you could tell the difference between _any_ fabric
printed at 200 DPI and anything higher, even up close.

Chris