Richard Gitschlag <strata_ran...@hotmail.com> writes:

>> Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 12:19:51 -0400
>> From: ptilopt...@gmail.com
>> To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
>> Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Calm and rational Save/Export workflow report ;)
>>
>> * Richard Gitschlag <strata_ran...@hotmail.com> [05-10-12 11:44]:
>> >
>> > (Damn it, why doesn't this mailing list have a proper reply-to address?)
>>
>> It does....
>> --
>
> Then the real question is why every time I hit Reply, Hotmail prefills my
> form with the
> it every time
> before hitting Send.  GIMP or otherwise, minor impediments like these are
> quite annoying.

http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html is the long answer.

TL;DR version: the group reply address is already in the email headers,
your email client should give you a function to use that or the author
reply address at your choice – if it doesn't, that's a bug in the
client. Mailing lists that do change headers are providing bug
compatibility (some people think that's a good thing, I guess).

If Hotmail doesn't have a reply-to-group function as well as
reply-to-author, I guess you could hit reply-to-all? Or get a better
email client ;-)

best regards,
Kevin