> Von: Jay Smith <j...@jaysmith.com>
> Michael,
> I use Thunderbird 3.1.10 -- not the latest version, but quite happy with
> it.  This version of Thunderbird does the same thing (replies to the
> individual poster, instead of the list).

There are or have been extensions to provide list reply commands - I have used
those myself. Current Thunderbird versions provide them without the need of

> In the last few years, the Gimp lists are the _only_ lists I receive
> that result in this behavior.

Initially, I was quite annoyed by lists that had no reply-to set - but that was
years ago. Nowadays, I like the consistent behavior of reply going to the
author, and list reply going to the list. Elitist attitude, I guess, but it
still feels good :)