On Sun, 2012-07-15 at 04:14 +0200, erroneus wrote:
> >You need to build things in the selected build directory, babl, gegl
> >and gimp
>
> >If glib and gtk versions are too low, you need to build those and
> >their dependancies in the selected directory.
>
> >DO NOT BUILD IN /usr or /usr/local

Just a note here, there are rpm packages fo gimp 2.8 for Centos 6.2 and
6.3 according to rpmfind.net.

It's probably also fine to build in /usr/local, it is on most rpm-based
systes - as far as I can tell it's only debian and debian-like systems
that consider /usr/local to be part of the operating system.

But good advice to stay away from it in general, though.

Liam