>The previous two threads didn't go to the list, clicked 'Reply' instead
>'Reply to All' so they went directly to your mail, my mistake... :P

>Try configuring 'librsvg' without 'gobject-introspection':
>./configure --prefix=/opt/gimp-2.8/ --enable-introspection=no

>And yes, I tried compiling 'gobject-introspection-1.33.3.tar.xz' and
>'librsvg-2.36.1' fails to detect it, so for now disable it and give it a
>try.

Okay, we have success with svg image loading.

One last thing and it's probably trivial for everyone here but me.  The GTK
themes aren't taking.  When run from the command line, I get this:

(gimp:26437): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path:
"clearlooks",
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "pk-gtk-module"
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module"

What do I need to do to resolve that?   It's usable, but it doesn't use the
colors and stuff that other windows use.

--
erroneus (via gimpusers.com)