On 09/12/2012 01:38 PM, Psiweapon wrote:
The problem lies with users who DON'T need the XCF file awesomeness AT
ALL, such as me, as I'm made to jump through hoops to save a .PNG I just
opened. Well, I can use overwrite, but that doesn't even have a keyboard
shortcut.

Hi
I use .xcf files but my friends, my family members and most people, I think, don't use .xcf. They need an image editor, not an xcf editor.
People will leave the world of free software to turn to proprietary.
Gimp is no longer the "universal Swiss army knife " of image editing, it's a fact.

Greetings

--
Maderios