>>GIMP does not stand out as the only graphic editor that does it. Krita,
>> Blender, Synfig, Inkscape, MyPaint -

>Nope. Krita and MyPaint don't do that.

>MyPaint has a Preferences setting that configures default file format
>for saving. Krita just saves to whatever you choose and doesn't warn
>about possible loss of data. And if you talk to Krita developers,
>they'll tell you it's their design choice.

It's true. Correction accepted, although I was speaking conceptually and
does offer its own file extension as a fisrt choice default, configurability
And if or when the acceptance and recognition of those applications across
globe hits certain level, there is no guarantee they won't change that.
The likelyhood of that happening in near future is minute but things change,
so does ego (in a good sense) of their creators. GIMP continues to get this
recognition now on both pro and amatuer levels. The rest may just follow the

Nik O.
Никита Омуль