On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 05:13:49AM +0100, mamboze wrote:
> I find it strange that while compiled (binaries) of GIMP are provided for Mac
> and Windows users, Ubuntu users are rather abruptly advised to compile from
> source themselves. I can do this I suppose with some effort but the question I
> have is, why the discrimination against Ubuntu and other Linux users? Do I
> need
> to remind you guys that a lot of support for GIMP has come from the open
> source
> community?

As much as I'd like to tell you "Hey, switch to Fedora, because we've got
it", the basic fact is that:

 1. So does Ubuntu: https://apps.ubuntu.com/cat/applications/gimp/

 2. The gimp docs clearly tell you how to install it for multiple Linux
    distributions. http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

The fundamental difference here isn't that Windows and Mac get special
treatment. Instead, it's that with most Linux distributions, it's *built

Matthew Miller           mat...@mattdm.org          <http://mattdm.org/>