On Fri, Feb 01, 2013 at 08:55:55PM +0200, Ville Sokk wrote:
> > The new dialog devotes the left 5% of the slider to this range. I know there
> > was some talk about changing this slider to be logarithmic. Is there any
> > progress on that?
> I don't know if you noticed but the slider has a top and bottom part.
> The cursor changes when you hover. The top part is used for large
> changes and the bottom for fine tuning.

Yeah, but with it so small, I get "large changes" as effectively random
numbers of 1.0, 7.24, 13.49, 19.73, 25.98, 32.22, 38.46, depending on which
of those six pixels I hit. More often I'm getting 88 or 200 or 400 or
something first. The fine tuning lets me adjust increments from there, but
is only really useful if I hit the right number first, and it's hard to
scale *down* because my mouse hits the right side of the screen. (Better if
I don't maximize the window, but that's silly.) The best approach I've found
is to use a brush with a native size of around 5, and then aways start by
hitting the reset size button and adjusting up from there using the
fine-tuning. That's pretty silly but is less frustrating than the

Matthew Miller           mat...@mattdm.org          <http://mattdm.org/>