Mikel, there are more apps taking screenshots to a clipboard than opening
them in GIMP so it'd be useful :). I use ScreenCloud.

Kevin, I know about pasting when I have it opened. After taking a
screenshot I'm running GIMP and pressing ctrl+shift+v. I'd be much better
though if I could be able to run it as a single command so I could make
even better shortcut.

Saving clipboard to a file is not for me. I want to have it opened as new

For now I'll just stick with Open GIMP > Ctrl+Shift+V.

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 4:14 PM, Kevin Brubeck Unhammer