> Is there any way to change the format that's the default save. I don't
> use .xcf and prefer to use png or jpg. Why do I have to export them
> instead of simply save? Why did they change it in this version? It's
> annoying.

This matter has been thrashed to death several times over the last
couple of years.

When I saw your message I thought you were a troll wanting to kick the
matter off again, but maybe you are sincere.

1. There will be no change to the "save" system.

2. Get used to it or move on.

And maybe read the archives of the list for somewhere between one and
two million other messages on this matter.

--
Owen