Ahh I see. So would this allow the user to have two version of GIMP installed?

Anyway, if the save vs. export thing causes such a problem, then people could
just install a plugin that removes the new functionality and restores the old
one. That way, your workflow isn't affected and you get all the new features of
2.8.

Sent from my iPod