On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 01:55:16AM +0200, Dirk wrote:
> On 07/29/13 00:29, Bob Long wrote:
> >Paul Cartwright wrote,

> >>go ahead, make my day, tell me how to add that functionality back..
> >
> >As posted several times on this list:
> >
> >http://www.shallowsky.com/software/gimp-save/
> >
> >Personally, I've never used it.
> >
> I did. It added /another/ menu point called "Save-export" or so and
> acts like "Save" used to do, after the image was exported once.
> Needless to say I /still/ clicked on "Save as..." or "Save".
> So it really did nothing for me except making the menu a little more
> confusing.
> The whole situation boils down to the lack of character that is
> necessary for admitting a mistake and reversing this change in the
> workflow.

It's a mistake only in the eyes of a vocal few, who never have used GIMP
in a professional work-flow. It's not a huge change, so either adapt,
change to a simpler editor, or get used to it. Staying with one version
forever pretty much indicates that you're not using for complicated
editing. So, GIMP probably isn't for you.

You posted this on the Debian-user list too I see.

Stephen, Toronto
My Google+ Profile | http://goo.gl/JbQsq
gimp-user-list mailing list
List address:    gimp-user-list@gnome.org