> Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] SOLVED: export vs. save menu in gimp2.8 - simple and
> lasting solution
> From: l...@holoweb.net
> To: strata_ran...@hotmail.com
> CC: jvrom...@squirrel.nl; gimp-user-list@gnome.org
> Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 09:14:28 -0400
>
> as with control-s and control-S, there's no difference the first time,
> only on subsequent times: control-shift-s (save as) and control-shift-e
> (export as) will prompt for a filename each time, whereas control-s and
> control-e will only prompt the first time, and not at all in the case of
> control-s where you opened an xcf file.

You might have overlooked one minor (but critical) element about my workflow:
I generally only do one image export per GIMP session.  So EVERY export is "the
first time"....

I did suggest that the export filename/options should be recorded as part of
the XCF project data -- what say you to that?

-- Stratadrake
strata_ran...@hotmail.com