On Thu, 2013-08-01 at 06:35 -0700, Richard Gitschlag wrote:

> You might have overlooked one minor (but critical) element about my
> workflow:  I generally only do one image export per GIMP session.  So
> EVERY export is "the first time"....

Yes, that's true.

> I did suggest that the export filename/options should be recorded as
> part of the XCF project data -- what say you to that?

I think it would be a good idea and probably not difficult, but I doubt
any of the core developers are listening to this thread.

Enter it as a request for enhancement (RFE) in bugzilla, and then post
to the developer list about it, as a  possible enhancement for image
export to improve workflow between sessions.

List address:    gimp-user-list@gnome.org