On 10/10/2013 11:17, Helen wrote:
Although I also hate the new feature which restricts what I can do, I don't
think taking a poll is a useful idea.  It seems to me the developers ought
to be aware, as everyone else is, that this was a bad move, that many (who
knows whether most, but certainly many) GIMP users hate it, and just allow
users the same choice we had for so many years.  If there is a down side to
allowing users to make this choice, I haven't heard what that is.
I am very sure the developers are aware 'you' feel this is a bad move, not all 'GIMP' users would agree with you.

What I find very strange with this thread, is that many repliers to the thread (I am not meaning you particularly) are demanding change back, but the developers are wishing to take the project in a direction of their liking, which some people really do not understand. Have you paid an money for this software ? We are given this software by the developers we can not demand anything, we may ask, but it does mean we get, and it has been stated many many times now the export option is here to stay. (http://gui.gimp.org/index.php/GIMP_UI_Redesign).

 15. Disclaimer of Warranty.

  THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE PROGRAM, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY
APPLICABLE LAW.  EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT
HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE **PROGRAM "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY
OF ANY KIND**, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE.  THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE PROGRAM
IS WITH YOU.  SHOULD THE PROGRAM PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF
ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.

What I really 'hate' seeing this title turn up in my 'inbox'.