On 10/10/2013 12:56 PM, Andrew & Bridget wrote:
On 10/10/2013 11:17, Helen wrote:
Although I also hate the new feature which restricts what I can do, I
don't
think taking a poll is a useful idea.  It seems to me the developers
ought
to be aware, as everyone else is, that this was a bad move, that many
(who
knows whether most, but certainly many) GIMP users hate it, and just
allow
users the same choice we had for so many years.  If there is a down
side to
allowing users to make this choice, I haven't heard what that is.
I am very sure the developers are aware 'you' feel this is a bad move,
not all 'GIMP' users would agree with you.

What I find very strange with this thread, is that many repliers to the
thread (I am not meaning you particularly) are demanding change back,
but the developers are wishing to take the project in a direction of
their liking, which some people really do not understand.

Hi
Info : in the Linux/GNU software world, Gimp seems to be an exception. Regarding other softwares, developers improve the tool thanks to feedback from users, especially professional users who spend a lot of time working with the tool.
Greetings
--
Maderios