> Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 18:16:50 +0530
> From: rsphag...@gmail.com
> To: gimp-user-list@gnome.org
> Subject: [Gimp-user] GIMP -2.8.10 Brushes
>
> Hi,
> I am an old user of GIMP. Earlier, versions that I used had some very
> simple paint brushes in six or seven thickness sizes, which were convenient
> for me to pick from in order to draw the lines or shapes of different width
> in my gray-scale sketches which I drew for my books.
> However, I do not find those brush-sizes in gimp-2.8.10. Can someone guide
> me how I can get those simple paint-brushes and how I can install them in
> this new version?
>
> Thanks and regards,
>
> Randhir Phagura

scl has already touched upon it somewhat, but one of the large design changes
in recent GIMPs is that brush size is now a tool setting instead of a brush
setting - so instead of having a set of 3/5/7/9/11/etc. sized brushes (being
otherwise identical in settings) you have one brush (with a specific
shape/hardness/angle/etc) and you set the size directly using the slider in the
tool's options.  You can still create various sized brushes (as previous
versions did) but then any time you change a brush you'll need to verify the
brush size prior to using it (the slider has a reset button next to it for this
purpose).

-- Stratadrake
strata_ran...@hotmail.com