I admit I missed your previous image and so apologies I don't know what
Darktable shows.

When I processed in UFRaw (version 0.20, my build and part of my Gimp build
for Windows 64-bit), It looks fine. I set the exposure to -1.48,
White-balance to Daylight.

If I play a little more with the curves, I get results similar to Photoshop
CC with ACR 8.3. So, I don't think you are missing anything.

I did process in Gimp 2.9 with UFRaw 16-bit.

Hope that helps.

Partha