Ofnuts writes:
> Doesn't work for me... this doesn't work exactly like the Move tool it
> seems.

It works for me only if I switch to the Move tool. So:

- Make selection with rect select (or whatever)o

- Ctrl-Alt-Drag the selection (this automatically makes a floating
  layer of it).

- Switch to the Move tool (the floating layer is still there).

- Adjust position with arrow keys.

Out of curiosity, why do you need to move something and leave a hole
where it used to be? I know a lot of people want it, and I've always
been curious what they're editing that makes this a useful operation.

gimp-user-list mailing list