I draw a loop with the lasso, and I can cut or copy and then paste what I
selected.

Only problem, the lasso tool continues to draw lines all over the image, and I
can’t get it to turn off.  How does one turn it off.

I understand you’re supposed to be able to hold down the shift key and select a
separate area – but it also selects a line between them, and the line may cut
one of the two selections in half!

I’m having this problem in both Ubuntu and Windows 7.   And I’m having it with
ALL of the freehand selection tools, not just one of them.

Dora

---