Dear experts,

I would like to prepare a script-fu function for selecting a tool with prepared
tool options.

For example, there's a use case for always drawing (free hand) with a pencil,
wich must be a 2px line in red. So, I want to write a function, which selects
the pencil and sets the pencil's options to 2px.

What I found is the function "gimp-pencil", but if I understand right, this
function is used to imediately draw a line between given coordinates. But I only
want to prepare the pencil tool, so that the user daws free-hand, but with my
pre-defined settings.

Which function can I use?

Thanks a lot in advance for your answers!
Joe Son

JoeSon (via
gimp-user-list mailing list