On Thursday 05 November 2015 15:04:29 Neal Weissman wrote:

> sorry to be a pest .. how do i unsubscribe from  receiving gimp
> emails?

A, a top posting winderz user, never reads past the first screen of the
message.  If you press the down arrow, the next to last line of the
message contains a clickable link to the list membership control page.
You can un-subscribe from there, but you MUST reply to the confirmation
message the server will send you.

However, once kmail was able to be restarted, it did resurrect the
message, this one, that I was preparing to send when the crash occurred.
So here it is also. And I note that I was grepping for the wrong name,
it was Neal Weissman, my mistake.
​​
> the forums will not accept my login - something about a wrong
> username/password combination - and the “change password” mechanism
> has the effrontery to protest to my face that i have entered an
> incorrect email format !
>

> /s/ Neal Weissman
>
> nweis...@gmail.com   718-681-7609
>
> On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 9:53 AM, JoeSon <for...@gimpusers.com> wrote:
> > >Dear experts,
> > >
> > >I would like to prepare a script-fu function for selecting a tool
> > > with prepared tool options.
> > >
> > >For example, there's a use case for always drawing (free hand) with
> > > a pencil, wich must be a 2px line in red. So, I want to write a
> > > function, which selects the pencil and sets the pencil's options
> > > to 2px.
> > >
> > >What I found is the function "gimp-pencil", but if I understand
> > > right, this function is used to imediately draw a line between
> > > given coordinates. But I only want to prepare the pencil tool, so
> > > that the user daws free-hand, but with my pre-defined settings.
> > >
> > >Which function can I use?
> > >
> > >Thanks a lot in advance for your answers!
> > >Joe Son
> >
> > So, I just found out, how to use the functions
> > "gimp-context-set-brush-size" and
> > "gimp-context-set-foreground".
> > But I don't yet know how which function to use for selecting the
> > pencil as current tool...
> >
> > Joe Son
> >
> > --
> > JoeSon (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)