On Thursday 23 June 2016 22:26:19 Patrick Shanahan wrote:

> * Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> [06-23-16 22:08]:

> > > Some time ago I received a similar message from
> > > gimp-developer-list. I was a little confused (and suspicious)
> > > since I have never received such a message from gimp-user-list.
> > > (Incidentally, I have not received any messages from
> > > gimp-developer-list since then; maybe it was legit.)
> > >
> > > Can anyone share further information about this?
> >
> > IDK ATM. I am in central WV, much of which has been either in the
> > dark for the last 15 hours, or listening to standby generator, which
> > I have, a 20kw nat gas automatic.  It started at about 3:22 this
> > morning, and finally shut down for the last time about 18:07 this
> > evening.
> >
> > I got one yesterday threatening to remove me if I got one more
> > bounce. For 1, count 'em (according to the message) bounce. Hello,
> > this is the internet folks, stuff happens!
> >
> > IMO the one bounce and you're out sucks dead toads thru soda straws,
> > particularly in view of the worsening infrastructure of the US in
> > the last 20 years.
> >
> > I am on shentel.net for both internet and phone, did that several
> > years ago when verizon's old copper got so bad I was out of a phone
> > for all but 2 weeks of the first 4 months of the year, and verizon
> > had the unmitigated gaul to get their knickers in a knot over my
> > "harrassing" them by calling the P.U.C., which can lean on them
> > legally if they have to.  At that point I didn't have, nor could I
> > find, a quarter to call somebody that cared as I damned sure didn't
> > when a working phone is part of a COPD victims (my wife) lifeline.
> > Shentel is doing their email server someplace in the "cloud" and its
> > scary fast, so I've no clue why they would ever bounce a mailing
> > list message addressed to me.
> >
> > But this msg even though my filters seem to have missfired, is being
> > CC:'d back to the list just to see if I have well and truly been
> > un-subscribed.
> >
> > I wish I knew what their reasoning is.  But those people can't be
> > bothered to respond to a list member, beneath their dignity or ???
> >
> > > -- Stratadrake
> > > strata_ran...@hotmail.com
> > > --------------------
> > > Numbers may not lie, but neither do they tell the whole truth.
>
> your mail, the mail in question, was not cc'd "back to the list".  It
> was addressed directly to the list.  Perhaps you erred.

It went out of here addressed to you, and CC:d to the list. And I now
have 2 copies of it from the list, only one of which shows it was To:
the list.

It didn't leave here addressed To: the list.  To: you, and CC:'d to the
list, but this discussion is overshadowing my complaint.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)