Hello everybody,

I am considering moving from Photoshop to The Gimp entirely.

I found answers for most of my concerns but there is still one point that
worries me.

Am I able to write scripts doing something like below.

if (keypressed=f7)

I mean can I access the interface and control it through scripts? The idea
of the “script” above is to build a toggle to hide and show the layer
palette by pressing the f7 key.

Another example:

If the f3 key is pressed, if there is a layer mask on the active layer it
should be activated and if not an empty layer mask should be added and

Is it possible to do things like that with the Gimp 2.8x?

<http://johnsmithimages.net> <http://johnsmithimages.net>

gimp-user-list mailing list