Okay, I see what happened. When John’s original message appeared in my inbox, I
must have misread the subject, or read the subject line for an adjacent email,
probably because I was wearing my trifocals instead of the wide-field bifocals
I usually wear for computer work.

John, I’m sorry if I added to your confusion and apologize. The
misunderstanding is entirely mine and my fault.

Ross