I’m a GIMP user. I haven’t written code since the days of WATFOR.

So whatfor all this kerfluffll? I don’t care if it’s a mailing list (I can deal
with ancient technology. I’m a retired geologist. Banging two rocks together is
old school, but we still do it.) Mailing lists are fine. So are more modern
things … like color monitors. I really don’t give a rodent’s derriere. If I
need help, I want help. If someone else needs help I can give, I give it. In
neither case do I care what format it takes, as long as I can read it and they
can read it.

The fact is that people resist change. They don’t want to get out of their
comfortable rut. I understand and sympathize. However, change is inevitable,
and this is not change for its own sake. If the folks writing GIMP’s code are
fine with it, that’s all I need to know. Change and adaptation are life.
Anything else is death.

Change happens.

Adapt. Overcome. Or die. Having nearly done the latter three times, not
counting near misses, I choose the two former. This debate is … absurd. Let’s
get back to creating, whether it’s code or some other art form.

Ross