Hello Jakub!

A few days ago, I asked:
> > I've tried and tried, but I didn't understand how to create an animation
> > with two objects moving independent from each other.
> > (Creating an animation with 'Video'->'Move Path' works fine for one
> > object (= one move path).)

You answered:
> You have to do one object at a time. Once you're done, you can add the
> other. Every frame can have layers, thus this is perfectly possible.
>
>     GAP tutorial: http://jimmac.musichall.cz/tutor2.php3

Many Thanks!  Now I got the idea!

Before writing my email, I read the animation section in The Gimp
Manual, and there isn't anything stated about that.  (At least, *I*
didn't find anything about that :-)

I had problems understandig the chooser 'Stepmode' in den 'Move Path'
dialog.  With a better understanding of this chooser, I probabely would
have got the idea myself.

My second question:
> > I didn't get the problem you mention with transparency. Just checked if
> > there's any bugs since the last time I checked and no, works like charm.
> > So check the tutorial, you must be doing something wrong.

And your answer:
> 1. save as a GAP frame
> 2. duplicate frames
> 3. move path, select source object, set keyframes/settings (inluding
> opacity)
> 4. render

Ok, this answer doesn't soved my problem, but it helped me believing,
that the mistake was on my side.

And so it was: To render, I use the button 'Anim Review' in the 'Move
Path' dialog.  The following pop-up-dialog gives me the choice 'Anim
Preview Mode': (1) Object on empty frames (2) Object on one frame (3)
Exact Object on frames.  I ever let the choice on the default (1),
but...

Building an animation from a Source Image with one layer with the 'Anim
Preview Mode'-choice (1) 'Object on empty frames' will result in an
animated object on an empty, white filled background.  Thats what my
problem was.

Instead, building an animation from a Source Image with one layer with
the 'Anim Preview Mode'-choice (2) or (3) will result in an animated
object on the choosen Source Image as the background.  (Thats what I
wanted to see.)

I get the same good result, when building an animation from a Source
Image with multiple layers.  (The 'Anim Preview Mode'-choice (1), (2) or
(3) makes no difference here.)

So, the point here was, that I didn't understand the meaning of the
choice 'Anim Preview Mode': (1) Object on empty frames (2) Object on one
frame (3) Exact Object on frames.

Now I know to choose the rigtht choice to get the desired results.  But,
beside of that, I don't understand the concrete meaning of the three
Statements yet.

All in all, there are questions left, but you helped me in getting the
desired results.  Really many thanks for that!

And thanks for your animation tutorial.  I wonder, why I didn't find a
pointer to it on the official gimp site.

Bye,

        Carsten