On St, 2002-09-25 at 18:23, Warren Post wrote:
> Jon Winters wrote:
> > If possible save the corel files in a non-proprietary format like an
> > uncompressed TIFF.  ImageMagick has conversion tools for just about any
> > image format out there... http://www.imagemagick.org/
> >
> > Being able to do everything that you need to do is an important step in
> > converting to Linux.
> Thanks, but I get the same result as with .psd format: the image is flattened. All
>objects are merged with the background. I can open it in Gimp but there are no
>objects to edit.
> Any other ideas? I'd prefer to avoid having to remake almost from
> scratch some 150 files that are now in Corel formats.

The problem must lie in the Corel Photopaint PSD exporter, since GIMP's
PSD import plugin works with multilayered images fine. Unfortunately I
have no idea how to solve your lock-in problem without considerable
effort :/

On a related note - you can get rid of that Windows partition by using
the linux port of Photopaint ;)

Jakub Steiner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>