Jon Winters wrote:

> Be prepared to lose your text layers... I don't think there is anything in
> the Linux world that can edit a text layer from another application.

That's the show stopper for me then. It's the text layers I need. The
non text layers don't need to be modified. In that case I'll just redo
the images in Gimp as .xcf and chalk it up as a learning experience.

> Photoshop .psd files are proprietary as .cdr and .cpt so you'll eventually
> have trouble with them.  Its always advisable to save important files in
> non-proprietary file formats.

Agreed. My entire move to Linux is so I can escape proprietary file
formats and closed source apps while I still can. A couple more years
and Microsoft, Corel, et al would have had me completely Borged.

Thanks everyone for your advice.

--
Warren Post, Voluntario Naciones Unidas
Departamento de Informática