On Wednesday 25 September 2002 19:49, Roland Roberts wrote:

>     gml> anyone using it? on a linux box?
>
> I use it; it works fine with the USB connection, but not at all with
> the FireWire connection.  I typically use scanimage, but xsane,
> xscanimage, and vuescan all work fine with it.
>
> roland
===================
Roland,
Have you gotten IScan from Epson for using the 2450 yet?  It is the same
thing or better that is over on Windows.  Epson supplies it for free
and I use it for most of my scanning with my Perfection 1650 Photo.  It
is very nice.  Here is the url if you are interested, there may even be
a new version out now.

http://www.epkowa.co.jp/english/index_e.html

I just checked the site though and it is down right now due to
compliance with the GPL.  I am sure they will have it going again soon,
but in the meantime, if anyone wants or needs the program, I have the
last version they distributed and would be happy to upload to you.

Patrick
        Registered Linux User #225206