Sven Neumann wrote:
Hi,

Geoffrey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

I thought I was going crazy on this one, cause I could have sworn that
this was possible, yet I could not find it in my current install of
1.2.3 gimp on SuSE 8.2.

I know I have used such a facility before.  I fired gimp up on my Red
Hat box, and sure enough, the right click menu has the 'guides'
option, which presents the 'guide grid' option which does exactly (I
think) what you're looking for.  You get a dialog that asks for: x
spacing, y spacing, x offset, y offset.

Now the question is, where'd it go on 1.2.3 on my SuSE box?

The feature you are talking about is a hack that uses guides to work
around the lack of a real grid in 1.2. It is implemented as a
gimp-perl script. Most probably your SuSE installation is missing
gimp-perl.

BTW: You should really, really update to 1.2.5.

I may well do so, but I've just recently upgraded this box to SuSE 8.2, and since it's my primary box, I'm taking things slowly.

I was a bit surprised to find the same version of gimp on SuSE 8.2 and Red Hat 7.3...

--
Until later: Geoffrey           [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Think about it...