Peter L. Hurd wrote:
Hey All,

I want to put text in a circle, but with the top and bottom halves of
 the circle both reading from left to right.  The top half is easy to
do with the Xtns -> Script-Fu -> Logos -> Text Circle and a 180
degree arc of text, so far so good.

The bottom half is more problematic, since the focus of the arc of
text has to be above, rather than below the text.  In a perfect world
I'd just set a negative value for radius...

I'm getting the creepy feeling Text Circle can't do what I need, any ideas?

Can't you use the flip layer option to properly orient the text so that you can create the bottom part of the circle the same way you created the top, then flip it.

Cheers, -P.