On Sunday 21 March 2004 06:42 pm, Geoffrey wrote:
> Peter L. Hurd wrote:
> > Hey All,
> >
> > I want to put text in a circle, but with the top and
> > bottom halves of the circle both reading from left to
> > right.  The top half is easy to do with the Xtns ->
> > Script-Fu -> Logos -> Text Circle and a 180 degree arc
> > of text, so far so good.
> >
> > The bottom half is more problematic, since the focus of
> > the arc of text has to be above, rather than below the
> > text.  In a perfect world I'd just set a negative value
> > for radius...
> >
> > I'm getting the creepy feeling Text Circle can't do
> > what I need, any ideas?
>
> Can't you use the flip layer option to properly orient
> the text so that you can create the bottom part of the
> circle  the same way you created the top, then flip it.
>
> > Cheers, -P.
Someone mentioned LaTeX. The Context version of TeX has an
interface to metapost called metafun that does some fancy
things in text in circles.  There is a very complete manual
with lots of examples,including one of a CDR label with
text in a circle.  Possibly that could be used as a
starting point, then imported into Gimp for refinement.
--
John Culleton
Able Typesetters and Indexers