Hi there!

I am using debian/sid gimp package and I found that I can open tif with
lzw compression, but now write these kind of files.

Is there any reason for this, i.e.:
- Is tif/lzw compression excluded from gimp or only from the debian
- if only from the debian build, isn't the patent already phased out so
  that it could be included?

Thanks a lot and best wishes

Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at>         Technische Universitšt Wien
The sound made by a liftful of people all trying to breathe politely
through their noses.
                        --- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff