On Die, 11 Mai 2004, Sven Neumann wrote:
> The GIMP code asks libtiff to use LZW compression. If that's not

Ah, I thought about this already and checked the bug database.

> working then the problem is probably in libtiff. Or are you saying you
> can't select LZW in the plug-in dialog?

I CAN select the lzw compression, but when writing I get an error:
        Error writing scan line 0
and another window:
        LZW compression is disabled due tio Unisys patents.

Ok, I will apt-get source libtiff3g and check the code ... Thanks.

Best wishes

Norbert

Norbert Preining <preining AT logic DOT at>         Technische Universität Wien