Im finding my way around Gimp-2.0 but have a couple of queries about the text tool..

Firstly, how do you create text at an angle, on gimp 1.2.3 it had an angle dialogue in the dyntext dialogue,
I cannot find one in gimp-2.0.

Secondly (& this is driving me mad !) Once the text has been entered, you cannot just grab and move it,
you have to select the layer, select move, then move it. If its the wrong size, you have to re-select the layer,
T then select the text, then adjust the font, colour.... Is there an easier way that I have overlooked ?

Any advice gratefully recieved

Cheers
Dave

PS Gimp 2.0 is great ! I love it.