On Thursday 24 June 2004 02:52, Owen wrote:
> On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 23:32:48 -0300
>
> "Joao S. O. Bueno" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I sometimes get tired of all this anti-kdecism around the web.
> > The stuff is just good, and all it takes is to use a plain GUI to
> > change the behaviour of the alt key.
>
> Nothing against KDE, been using it for a couple of years.
>
> However the KDE with Mdk10 does not retain focus in the layers
> dialogue. Sven said "something is broke" with your gtkrc but I
> can't fix it, so I just use Icewm. Things work fine there.

Hm,
I seee the layer dialgo problem. Affects me at the office, but not at
home, for the following reason: active  layer is marked in the layers
dialog with the KDE standard background color, and inactive layers
use white, that may come from gtkrc's.

It just happens that at home my standard KDE background is set to
light purple, not white. If at anytime you want to switch back, and
don  want to fiddle with the gtkRC, I'd suggest you to swicth the KDE
background to some lightsh gray or other color of your choice.

OTO, since the colors used are gtkrc background and window manager
background, this problem may actually be a bug that belongs to the
GIMP.

Regards,
        JS
        -><-