Felix E. Klee wrote:
Hi,

here's another constant peeve of mine when using the Gimp: It is not
possible to scale brushes. Instead one has to predefine brushes of all
kinds of different sizes which I find to be quite cumbersome.

If I'm mistaken, I'm happy to be corrected. If the feature is really not
available: Could that be something for a later version of the Gimp?

Depends on the type of the brush - the round and rectangular ones created from within GIMP can be scaled, brushes that are images can't.
In current CVS, the number of available shapes has increased a lot, things resembling stars and flowers are now possible.

Note that you can only modify brushes in writeable directories - try to create a new brush (this will put it to your personal brushes directory) and modify the copy.

HTH,
Michael

--
The GIMP > http://www.gimp.org    | IRC: irc://irc.gimp.org/gimp