Quoting Geoffrey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
The actual image is going to a professional shop to be placed in an ad.
Thanks for your feedback.

A lot of printers (companies, not cheap piece of hardware on your desk) read the
DPI information out of the file to know what size to print the file at, so it
is an important, if not an integral part of an "image".

I work a lot with machine vision, and as part of our project, we make sure that
the DPI information is properly filled in the images we acquire, so we can
easily convert between physical and pixel coordinates in our processing. (a
trivial and silly example, as there are other ways of doing it)