Patrick Shanahan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Are you trying to print from a gimp image -> File -> Print ?
> If so, set the print dialogue screen to your printer via the drop down
> box and print direct from gimp.  You do not need to worry about -C name.
> I have an Epson sp925photo and the print-command which gimp selects
> for my printer is:  lp -s -desp925gp -oraw
> If this is *not* what you are trying to do, please explain further.

Yes I am printing from the Gimp print dialog.  And changing the printer
in the printer setup does not affect the print command Gimp is

And it is printing fine as I wrote in my original post.

The only problem I have is that in the print job list every print job
from Gimp has the name '(stdin)'.  I would like the name of the
printed file to appear there and from the lpr side this is done via
the '-C' option.  Now I need Gimp to insert the file name into the
print command.  So the print command specification in the printer
setup should be something like 'lpr -C $filename' where Gimp is
replacing $filename with the actual file name.

BTW, I am printing through CUPS.  I don't know whether CUPS' lpr
differs from standard lpr.