On Wed 22 Dec 04,  8:10 PM, Carol Spears <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:
> On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 09:51:53PM -0500, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> >
> > Turns out that single window screenshots work on twm.  Must be some kind
> > of wierd interaction between enlightenment and gimp.  So I'm going to
> > guess that rebuilding from source isn't going work.
>
> long ago, gimp got its screenshots via xwd.  i have no idea if this is
> still the case, however, i wonder if xwd works on sarge enlightenment.
>
> carol

Heh.  Screenshots to standard out.  Love it!   :)

Turns out that xwd didn't work, HOWEVER, playing around with it revealed
something really curious.

At first it just gave me a black thumbnail looking thing.  I then switched
over to the first virtual screen (I have 8 screens total) and it worked
great.  xwud and gimp both showed perfect single window screenshots.

I then did the same thing with gimp, and by Zeus, it worked.

So it appears that gimp and xwd screenshots work on the first virtual
desktop.  Doesn't work on any additional desktops (I think Enlightenment
comes with 2 by default as shipped with Debian).  Each virtual desktop has 2
"screens".

OK.  Problem solved.  Thank you very much for suggesting that.  I don't think
I would've found that if you hadn't made that suggestion.  And it makes it
perfectly clear what package deserves the bug report.   :)

Now I'll just sit back and let Google index this thread for future
generations.  :)  Thanks, Carol.  You're awesome!

Pete