Hi,

Andreas Waechter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> In some old Gimp version (1.3?) I managed to set the default brush
> size (the one set when Gimp starts) by editing some rc file.
>
> But I can't remember exactly how I did it.
> I couldn't find the place in Gimp 2.2.

GIMP comes with a couple of man-pages. gimprc(5) has the answer to
your question. Please note that if you have a devicerc in your
~/.gimp-2.2 directory, the settings stored in is file will override
the default brush / pattern / gradient. This is to allow for setting
up different presets for different input devices.

Sven