On Mon, Feb 21, 2005 at 02:53:58PM -0500, Kalle Ounapuu wrote:
> In GIMP, is there an area where I can lock/remove individual colours in an
> Indexed colour palette of an image?
> I was able to see a colour table Dialog in GIMP, where I could edit RGB
> values and add an additional colour. But I couldn't see anyway to remove
> colours or lock them from being removed.
if the image is already in Indexed mode, you can import the palette
directly from the image via the palette palette (Dialogs -->Palette).
gimp palettes are simple text files and can be edited via the palette
editor or even directly with a text editor of your choice if you can
find it in your user directory.

to apply it to your image, change the mode of the image to rgb and then
index it again using your edited palette.