On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 20:01 -0700, Carol Spears wrote:
> well, i got the hard parts done -- a lot more quickly than i thought i
> would be able to.
>
> first i made a path using the pathtool, then i used the text tool to
> make some text.  in the tool options there is a button for "text along a
> path".  it was simple, all i did was use this button and the text did
> the correct thing, as a path.  i changed the path into a selection and
> filled it.

wait a minute ... can you describe in a more sensible way the steps
required to make that ?
Im using TheGimp 2.2.7 on Gnu/linux and the button I have is called:
"Create path from text", however when i press that button nothing
happens-
That is the text doesn't follow the path i made before.

Im doing this:

1) New image 400x400 white bg
2) Create Path - round mountain shaped
3) Enter some text
4) choose "Create path from text" from the text tools
-#-
At this point I have:
a) a white background layer + a text layer
   b) 2 paths - 1) the text I wrote
                         2) The path I.ve drew
5) change "Path to selection" ( the path I drew?)
6) ?!?

If you have the time and patience to explain it - thanks, otherwise
ill keep trying.

                        nuno
--
"Non-free programs are dangerous to you and to your community.
        Don't let them get a place in your life." - RMS