On 10/17/05, Joao S. O. Bueno Calligaris <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Monday 17 October 2005 04:40 pm, Olivier Ripoll wrote:
> > Robin Laing wrote:
> > > Saw this in Slashdot.
> > >
> > > Abiword beats OpenOffice to a Grammar Checker
> > > http://developers.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/10/15/1312216&fr
> > >om=rss
> > >
> > > I haven't wanted a grammar checker since Windows 3.1 days.
> >
> > Well, you could write a plugin for it, but I do not know under
> > which category of plugin it could be included in gimp... perhaps
> > misc or as an option in the text tool...
> >
> > Sincerely,
>
> Well,
>
> there is more than one year that KDE had included spell cheking in
> everytext entry. I do not see why in the future spell and grammar
> checking could not go globally into GTK text entries thenselves.

Efficiency.  As it stands, KDE is very ... consumer-oriented, toward
(i.e.) people who use it as a consumer desktop.  (I know of a 12 year
old and a 9 year old who prefer KDE because when they click to start
an application, there's a little bouncing icon next to the mouse
cursor.)

I like Gnome/GTK because it has a nice, clean, usable, uncluttered interface.

That said, KDE is good for some things, too (e.g. KPovModeller, Kate,
when editing POV-Ray scripts (www.povray.org)).

--
~Mike
 - Just my two cents