On Saturday 04 February 2006 08:28 pm, John R. Culleton wrote:
> On Friday 03 February 2006 08:37 pm, Carol Spears wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 07:58:24PM -0500, John R. Culleton wrote:
> > > On Friday 03 February 2006 02:57 pm, Carol Spears wrote:
> > >
> > > Now I have a problem with GLIB. Versions up thorugh gimp 2.3.3
> > > don't have the problem.. Versions newer than that complain about an
> > > obsolete GLIB. I updated glib to 2.8.2 and now there is a mismatch
> > > between what I have and what some program finds. There are lots of
> > > clever hints printed out about how to get around the problem, none of
> > > which work for me.
>
> Unstable gimp form 2.3.4 on requires glib with numbers 2.8.0 or
> higher, Even with an update from Slack -current the newest glib
> is 2.6.6. I may have to set up a Debian partition just for Gimp.

Heh. I set up Debian sarge, downloaded Gimp 2.3.8? and tried to
compile. Now I am back to the missing XML::Parser problem again.
This is a fresh compile on a new partion with a different version
of linux. I suggest that there myust be something awry other than
the nut in front of the keyboard. Maybe something needs to be
included in Gimp 2.4 when it comes out.
--
John Culleton
Books with answers to marketing and publishing questions:

Book coaches, consultants and packagers: