Afternoon All

A newbie to Gimp but wanted to give it a go as I'd heard so many good things about it.

Found a basic problem that could stop me using it - but I'm sure it's solvable.

I'm running Gimp through X11 on a Mac (running OSX 10.4.5).

I keep all my work on a remote file server but the Open dialogue in Gimp doesn't appear to be able to connect to this mounted drive.

I may be missing a trick - either through Gimp or in OSX - and would appreciate any help anybody could give.

Apologies if this problem is solved in an FAQ, I've had a look but can't see anything relevant.

Many thanks in anticipation,
Ross