Am using Gimp on Linux, and can run scripts from
./gimp-2.2/scripts     but using the script-FU Console
and its Procedure Browser  I have trouble with.

I'm assumimg operations within the Console are
interactive with the currently loaded image(s)
or xcf.

Simple commands work, using 'Apply' from the
Procedure Browser screen, like;

=> (gimp-version)

>From there on, I have difficulty understanding the
Return Values, and the requirements for the
function parameters suchs as; CHANNELS,

Like in the following, which the Procedure Browser
says should be;
num_images INT32  The number of Images open
image_ids  INT32ARRAY  The list of images currently open

=> (gimp-image-list)
(1 #(2)#1"02")

so,   #(2)#1"02"
is a single entry array of the image ID ?
How should I interpret this sequence ?

So I try another command;
=> (gimp-image-height image)
ERROR: unbound variable (errobj image)

=> (gimp-image-height 1)
ERROR: Procedural database execution failed:
    (gimp_image_height 1)

=> (gimp-image-height 2)

So the #(2) part of (gimp-image-list)  can be
used successfully for the "image" parameter.
This is not explained in the procedure Browser info.

OK, so try another command from the Procedure Browser,

=> (gimp-drawable-bpp drawable)
ERROR: unbound variable (errobj drawable)

Now how is "drawable" to be defined ?

While Scheme and discrete Script-FU scripts are covered
well in the Gimp-Manual and other documentation,   I
feel that the operation of the Script-FU Procedure Browser,
and the function parameters and retrurn Vaklues in particular,
are a little under-documented.

If someone could give me an example of using the
Script-FU Console to work gimp-drawable-set-pixel
that would be great.  I am presently stumped with an
explanation of 'drawable'.

But any help, comments, suggestions or references
most welcome.