On Thursday 12 April 2007 04:28, Andrew wrote:
> Hi. I have just started using gimp, and mosly I am getting on ok with
> help files and google. However, one thing is driving me nuts. If I want
> to add a bit to a picture, I make it bigger, using Image Canvas Size,
> and then paste in the bit I want to add. It shows up when I paste it, in
> the middle, but when I drag it to the place I want to use it, in the new
> bit, it dissapears!? Is this a bug? Am I doing something wrong? Please
> enlighten me!

I made the same mistake early on.

Just because the canvas is larger doesn't mean the available layer is the same
size. After you expand the canvas, either add a layer, or expand the
background layer to the size of the canvas (available from the layers menu).
Then you can put the new part of the image where you want.

--
Get Microsoft Vista. You don't think *YOU* own your computer, do you?
http://www.jethrocarr.com/index.php?cms=blog:20070124